Wednesday, October 3, 2007

2007-08 Season Starts Tonight!

Greetings hockey faithful!

After a long off season, the quest for the Cup begins tonight. Tonight's match-ups include:

Mtl @ Car
Ana @ Det
Ott @ Tor
Dal @ Col

In tonight's tilts, I'm going to take Carolina, Anaheim, Ottawa and Colorado.

I believe Carolina has a stronger team than Montreal on all sides of the puck, plus Cam Ward is looking to reclaim his 2006 Conn Smythe winning form.

Even though Anaheim, looked average in London last weekend, I have to give them an edge, despite the fact it's in Hockey Town. Hopefully after two games, the defending Stanley Cup Champions are ready for an intense game tonight.

I have to pick Ottawa. More talented than Toronto on offense and defense. The only question mark is Gerber in net, but he should do just fine until Emery returns.

I'm picking Colorado simply because it's at the Pepsi Center. These are two evenly matched teams who can put the puck in the net. Both of these teams will be in the playoffs come April.

1 comment:

Stainers said...

Not bad picks for sure.

I'm picking Colorado because of home ice and because I just can't see Dallas scoring enough to keep up with the Avs.

Detroit over the Ducks, I forsee a really bad year for the Ducks. Dare I say they miss the playoffs? Crazy perhaps, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

I am picking Montreal for no good reason other then I think they'll start strong this year but fade down the stretch. Carolina doesn't really impress me this year either, though Ward and Staal should certainly have bounce back years.

And finally I pick Ottawa to continue their unbeaten streak. They'll own the Leafs this year I'd imagine.